Employees of the City Ice Company harvest ice from the Rock River in 1907. The conveyor belt shown would carry the blocks of ice to the company’s icehouse.
Established in 1858, the company originally dealt in coal and expanded to wood and ice by 1880, and its name had been changed to City Ice Company by 1898. One of three major ice houses in Rock County, the business delivered up to 15 tons of ice per day at its peak.
After its last cut from the Rock River in 1929, City Ice began to manufacture its ice.
4×6, 5×7, 8×10, 11×14, 16×20, 24×36
Black & White, Tinted