The first Rock County Court House burned in 1847. Its replacement, designed by J. Townsend Mix and contracted through James and Rotheram, was completed in 1879. It stood majestically on the top of Courthouse Hill facing the park on South Main Street.
A new courthouse was built in 1955, after which the Old Courthouse was razed.
This photo originally appeared in Part One of “Art Work of Rock County” published by the W.H. Parish Publishing Company in 1893.
4×6, 5×7, 8×10, 11×14, 16×20, 24×36