Built in 1877, the East Side Fire Station was located on North Main Street where Firehouse Park now stands.
The fire department was first organized in 1852 as a volunteer bucket-brigade, and in 1855, two fire companies were created: the Rock River Engine Company No. 1 and the Water Witch Engine Company No. 2.
In 1868, the fire department acquired two steam fire engines. The fire station on River St. was built in 1876, just prior to the East station.
4×6, 5×7, 8×10, 11×14, 16×20, 24×36